Israel-Hamas War Update
- “A strike this weekend on a school run by the United Nations that was being used for shelter by thousands of displaced people in northern Gaza killed at least 24 people, a U.N. official said Sunday.”
- Israel has announced it will soon begin operations in southern Gaza, where it told Palestinians to flee to. Civilians in Southern Gaza have no where else to go. The border with Egypt is closed. IDF now occupies Northern Gaza. The Israel-Gaza border is locked down, and the sea borders the last side. A/C: As previously assessed, Israel is attempting to create a humanitarian crisis to encourage other nations to take Palestinian refugees. Very little effort is being made to disrupt Hamas ops.
- Israel released video showing them breaking into the underground bunker / tunnel complex under Al-Shifa hospital. There was no evidence the complex was recently occupied or being used by Hamas.
- Former Israeli PM Ehud Barak admitted on CNN that Israel in fact built the reinforced tunnel complex under Al-Shifa hospital it claimed was a Hamas HQ.
- “Major General Giora Eiland, former head of the Israeli National Security Council: ‘They are not only Hamas fighters with weapons, but also all the ‘civilian’ officials, including hospital administrators and school administrators, and also the entire Gaza population that enthusiastically supported Hamas and cheered on its atrocities on October 7th. … Israel is not fighting a terrorist organization but against the State of Gaza.'”
- Israel and Hamas are reportedly close to agreeing on a ceasefire in exchange for a hostage release.
- “A Israeli-owned ship seized in the Red Sea by Iran-backed Houthi rebels in retaliation for the war in Gaza is raising fears over more widespread disruption in one of the world’s busiest shipping routes.”